The Take Care of Texas Award recognizes Scouts who are doing their part to conserve water and energy, keep our air and water clean, and reduce waste. The Award shows a commitment to both learning and educating others on how we can keep our state great.
- Merit Badges: Earn three merit badges from the following list: Environmental Science, Soil and Water Conservation, Energy, Fish and Wildlife Management, Forestry, Sustainability, Gardening, Oceanography and Plant Science.
- Community Service Hours: In addition to the merit badges, Scout is required to complete 2 hours toward a conservation project.
- Complete patch application, signed by the Scout, the Scoutmaster and submit the application to your local area council.
- Complete Patch Requirements
- Conservation project: Scout must complete a project in line with the Take Care of Texas mission that includes at least 8 hours of service.
- Presentation: Scout must submit to TCEQ either a 7-10 photo/slides presentation or a 3-5 minute video describing the project, how it relates to TCOT mission, and knowledge gained from experience.
- Complete pin application, signed by the Scout, the Scoutmaster and email this signed application to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your photo/slide presentation or video.
Email email@example.com for more information.