6th - 12th Grade Video Contest
Kindergarden - 5th Grade Art Contest
Other student environmental awards, contests, and competitions:
Grades: K - 12
- Presidential Environmental Youth Award - each year the PEYA program honors a wide variety of projects developed by young individuals, school classes, summer camps, public interest groups, and youth organizations to promote environmental awareness.
- Recycle Bowl – sponsored by Keep America Beautiful, this friendly competition aims to establish school recycling programs or improve school recycling rates. Winners receive gift certificates to purchase recycling bins.
- Solar Car Challenge - helps motivate students in science and engineering, and to increase alternative energy awareness. The Challenge teaches high school students around the world how to build roadworthy solar cars.
- Texas Garden Clubs Essay & Speech Contests – these contests are designed to promote horticulture and a love of gardening, conservation, sustainability, and environmental stewardship. Cash prizes are awarded.
Grades: 6 – 9
- eCYBERMISSION - a web-based Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics team competition. Each team will propose a solution to a real problem in their community and compete for state, regional, and national awards.
Grades: 9 - 12
- Texas Envirothon – a five member team competition where students work together to answer knowledge-based questions in outdoor field-testing stations and also apply that knowledge to solve real-life problems. Texas winners advance to the national competition.
- Don’t mess with Texas Scholarships – essay contest for high school seniors. Scholarship recognizes the achievements of students who have taken leadership roles to prevent litter in their schools and/or communities and build awareness of the Don’t mess with Texas initiative.