Take Care of Texas: Public Use Style Guide
Take Care of Texas (TCOT) is a statewide campaign of the Texas Commission on
Environmental Quality (TCEQ) that encourages Texans to keep our air and water
clean, conserve water and energy, and reduce waste.
These guidelines were developed to ensure the program’s logo and tagline are
used effectively and consistently and are not meant to be all-inclusive.
To fully protect TCEQ trademarks so that they remain valuable assets for years to come, the agency registered the marks with the State of Texas Secretary of State Corporations Section. Any unauthorized use will be a violation of trademark laws.
The TCOT logo and tagline cannot be used unless permission has been granted by
TCEQ. To request permission, please contact us at email@example.com.
Whenusing the logo, its type treatment and wording may not be altered or adapted.
Official Logo Configurations (Example A)
The TCOT logo is a combination of text and art. It is either three color, solid black, or a single spot color. For example, when used in a piece that uses blue and black inks, the logo can be used in solid blue or solid black.
When using the color version of the logo, consistency is essential. The official Pantone® (PMS) colors of the logo are PMS 313 (blue), PMS 377 (green), and black. The colors are important to the campaign’s identity and should not be compromised for any reason.
The font used for “Take Care of Texas” is Rockwell Extra Bold. The font used for “TakeCareOfTexas.org” is Futura Extra Bold. The font used for “It’s the Only One We’ve Got!” is Futura Book and the font for “A PROGRAM OF TCEQ” is Helvetica Bold. Never recreate the logo using other typefaces. Always maintain the type sizes and spacing that make up the logo text. Follow these usage guidelines:
- Use the logo in its entirety whenever possible. In other applications, it is acceptable to use the alternate versions of the logo noted below.
- Use the logo without modification.
- Do not obscure any part of the logo by placing type, photographs, or other elements on top of it.
- The “TM” symbol is part of the logo and must be included.
Reducing the logo and Alternate Versions (Example B)
Never reduce the logo to the point where any part of it is unrecognizable or
unreadable. If the space available for the logo is limited, use the version of the logo
that doesn’t contain the slogan. This version also maximizes the “Take Care of Texas”
portion of the logo. If necessary, use only the “Take Care of Texas” text portion of the
logo. Never reduce the text smaller than 0.5 inches wide.
On Light or Dark Background (Example C)
The logo may be reversed as solid white on a black or otherwise dark background.
When placing the logo on any type of colored background, put a white box behind it
to ensure that no part of the logo blends into the background color.
Rescaling the Logo (Examples D)
Do not rescale (distort) the logo vertically or horizontally. Always maintain its proper
Misuse of the TCOT logo includes, but is not limited to:
- Using a logo without permission from the TCEQ.
- Using a logo to sell, advertise, market, or package a specific product.
- Using a logo to imply an endorsement by the TCEQ of an organization or its products or services.
- Using a logo on marketing materials, advertising, or product packaging/labels that can be viewed negatively by the public, including images or names that may be considered inflammatory or offensive.
If you have any questions about the use of the TCOT logo, or to request permission to use the logo, please contact the TCOT Program at 512-239-4745 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org .