The Take Care of Texas Award recognizes Scouts who are doing their part to conserve water and energy, keep our air and water clean, and reduce waste. The Award shows a commitment to both learning and educating others on how we can keep our state great.
- Merit Badges: Earn three merit badges from the following list: Environmental Science, Soil and Water Conservation, Energy, Fish and Wildlife Management, Forestry, Sustainability, Gardening, Oceanography and Plant Science.
- Community Service Hours: In addition to the merit badges, Scout is required to complete 2 hours toward a conservation project.
- Complete patch application, signed by the Scout, the Scoutmaster and submit the application to your local area council.
Currently, the patch and pin are only offered to those in the Capitol Area Council, Sam Houston Area Council, Bay Area Council, South Texas Council, Texas Trails Council, Longhorn Council and the Alamo Area Council but we are expanding. Stay tuned.
- Complete Patch Requirements
- Conservation project: Scout must complete a project in line with the Take Care of Texas mission that includes at least 8 hours of service.
- Presentation: Scout must submit to TCEQ either a 7-10 photo/slides presentation or a 3-5 minute video describing the project, how it relates to TCOT mission, and knowledge gained from experience.
- Complete pin application, signed by the Scout, the Scoutmaster and email this signed application to email@example.com along with your photo/slide presentation or video.
Currently, the patch and pin are only offered to those in the Capitol Area Council, Sam Houston Area Council, Bay Area Council, South Texas Council, Texas Trails Council, and Longhorn Council but we are expanding. Stay tuned.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.