Water Conservation Successes and Resources
- All across Texas, entities are using innovation and advanced technology to conserve water.
- The Texas Alliance for Water Conservation has helped educate producers in the Texas panhandle on water efficiency techniques, extending the life of the Ogallala by helping agricultural producers in the area conserve nearly 300 million gallons over a three year period.
- Through a unique approach under their WaterWise program—educating residents to first ask “Do we even need to water?”—the City of Frisco has seen average gallons per person per day cut nearly in half.
- Through state and local partnerships, 27 water suppliers in danger of running out of water were able to extend their water supplies.
- Water IQ: Know Your Water, Texas Water Development Board
- WaterSense, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Water Saving Tips, Texas Water Development Board
- Texas Water Smart Coalition
- Water Conservation Publications
- Drought Information/Reservoir Levels
- Texas Drought Information
How to Harvest Rainwater - For All Skill Levels
- Rainwater Harvesting With Rain Barrels, a Take Care of Texas Guide (GI-383)
- Rainwater Harvesting, A Guide to Building Simple or Complex Systems (GI-404)
- The Texas Manual on Rainwater Harvesting, Texas Water Development Board
- How to Install Rainwater Collection (video), This Old House
- Rainwater Harvesting, Texas Water Development Board
- Rainwater Harvesting, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension